November 16, 2013

Naytashaa's Christening

This cake was requested by Sharon, a friend and previous customer, for her grand daughter's christening tomorrow.  Sharon contacted me and told me her Aunt had made a Jamaican rum cake for the occasion and asked if I would decorate it for her and I was more than happy to.


She had specific ideas for the cake and sent me a couple of pictures to give me an idea of what they had in mind for Naytashaa's big day. This 12x12" rum cake is covered in coral fondant and accented in white and silver.  One of the design elements that Sharon and her son requested were the baby blocks with Naytashaa's name. Her full name and date of the christening is also displayed on the top of the cake done in silver fondant along with little silver crosses around the cake. And since little Naytashaa is the star of the day her Dad asked if I could add a few stars. I made these in white fondant and dusted them with edible luster.



The bow was done in white gum paste with a soft butterfly imprint and dusted with edible luster.


We wish little Naytashaa God's blessings on her christening day and a beautiful life ahead.



No comments:

Post a Comment