June 8, 2014

"Dusty" the plane

Yesterday I dropped off a cake for my God daughter's little guy Austin who turned 3. My how time flies.  Austin absolutely loves the little crop duster "Dusty" ever since he saw the movie. His mom says it's all he wants, everything and anything to do with Dusty, so what else to do but make his birthday cake based on "Dusty".


This 2 tiered cake is Austin's favourite, chocolate fudge filled with vanilla buttercream. All details are fondant except for our little crop duster which I made from a mixture of fondant/tylose. Thanks to a wonderful online tutorial from "Creative Cakes by Sharon" I was able to recreate our little character.


A little tricky since some parts are quite small but next time I think I'll make him out of gum paste which is a little more stable.


Blue skies and puffy white clouds used as our back drop and Austin's name in place of "Planes" on the Disney Planes movie logo.


Happy 3rd Birthday Austin!



No comments:

Post a Comment