October 3, 2010

Gabriela's 15th

Hi it's just me again, Mary. As I mentioned before this weekend was a busy one for us, we had 3 cakes to do.  Here is the 2nd one I did. It was for my neighbour's daughter who turns 15 tomorrow. She had a few friends over celebrating today and I was honoured to be asked to make the cake for her special day.












The cake is an 8" choc fudge with strawberry cream filling using fresh strawberries.  Covered in white fondant and the monogramed trinket box, daisies, #15 and bow are made with gum paste in Gabriela's favourite colour, purple.  I made the decorations in various diff shades and you can't tell from the pictures but I dusted the cake and deco with edible glitter. I think it turned out pretty sweet.  Margaret, Gabriela's mom loved it.  I hope Gabriela did too!  Happy Birthday Gabriela. 

No comments:

Post a Comment