June 20, 2014

Jordon runner birthday cake

A little behind in posting but last weekend I made this cake for a gentleman who was turning 81 years young and apparently is a Jordon runner affectionato.  Not only does he wear Jordon runners he also collects them.  This was my 1st running shoe cake and of course it would have to be for a gentleman who probably can tell me all the details I missed on the shoe, lol.  Let's hope that Collin enjoyed his cake as much as I did making it for him.


When Nina contacted me about making this cake I was thrilled to give it a whirl.  She requested a vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream filling and that the shoe be in red and black.


All the details are done in fondant including the Jordon logo on the tongue as well as the laces.


Happy 81st birthday Collin!
 we wish you many more wonderful years!


No comments:

Post a Comment