March 25, 2011

Confirmation Book Cake

I just finished a cake that is due to be delivered tomorrow.  I was contacted by a friend who I haven't seen in a while, Mary.  We met Mary, her husband and brother about 3 years ago in Cuba when hubby and I were on vacation and we all became instant friends.  But somehow our busy lives just seem to get in the way.......we have to remedy that.  Anyway Mary asked if I could make a cake for her daughter's confirmation taking place tomorrow the 26th of March.  I was delighted not only to make the cake but this gave us an opportunity to chat again.  Her daughter Megan was on our blog and saw the book cake we made for a Christening a while back and asked if we could make a book cake for her as well. They requested a vanilla cake with strawberry cream filling and fresh strawberries.  She also said she liked pink so I immediately went to work and made some pink gum paste roses.  I also added a few little white gum paste flowers and a beautiful gum paste cross which I saw on the web and knew that it would be perfect for Megan's cake.  Here's a look at her cake;



The ribbon is also done in gum paste and the cake is covered in fondant. The lettering and the book binding is done in chocolate fondant.  I wish Megan all the best for a wonderful day and hope she enjoys your cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment