March 25, 2011

Giant cupcake birthday

This posting is a few days late, well actually a week.  A colleague of mine, Norma celebrates her birthday on St. Patti's day but this year she spent her birthday at a funeral......not exactly a nice way to spend your birthday.  St. Patrick's day was on a Thursday this year so I thought I'd surprise Norma with a little something on Friday, the day after.  I made her a giant cupcake birthday cake.  It was a great opportunity to try out my new cupcake pan that Mel bought for me on my birthday and a new recipe that I found on the web that sounded scrumptious.....oh and it was, Orange cream cheese pound cake.  Sorry Norma didn't mean to use you as a guinea pig but.........well Norma was surprised and delighted.  She couldn't wait to try it and then shared it with the rest of the office and from the comments I received, the cake was a hit.  Here's a look at our GIANT cupcake;




The Orange cream cheese pound cake is a definite keeper. I filled the centre with orange cream cheese filling and covered it all in fondant.  The details are all done in fondant with a few sprinkles of coloured sugar. It was fun making this and I will definitely make more giant cupcakes......hmmmm....who else is celebrating a birthday that I can surprise with a giant cupcake.

 HAPPY BIRTHDAY NORMA!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment