May 22, 2011

1st Communion cake

Our 2nd cake this weekend was for a pretty little girl named Alyssa making her 1st Communion today. When I met her mom Patricia a few weeks ago and I gave her our business card she told me that she had already ordered a cake for Alyssa's 1st Communion.  Then last Monday she called me and told me the person commissioned to make the cake cancelled which left her a little distraught and thankful that she had our card.  We were more than happy to accommodate for this special occasion.  She asked for a 2 tiered cake white with pink accents as this is Alyssa's favourite colour.  She saw one of our cakes on our business page on facebook and loved the cala lilies we did so asked if we could include some cala lilies.  She also told me she purchased a Precious Moments Communion girl for Alyssa and asked if we could use it for the topper on the cake.  The rest was left to us.  Here is a look at the cake we made;




The bottom tier is chocolate cake/vanilla mousse filling. We gave this tier a quilted look and added little pink pearls.  The top tier is lemon cake/lemon mousse filling. This tier we used a little cross cutter and made impressions in the fondant and used pink edible dusting powder to highlight as we did at the base as well. I think this cake turned out sweet for a sweet litle girl.
 Congratulations Alyssa!
I hope you enjoy your cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment