September 8, 2013

Black, white & red wedding

I met this bride at a bridal shower for a neighbour's daughter a couple of months ago. I gave Mary my card and she called shortly after and asked if we could make her wedding cake. Mary found a picture of a cake online that she liked in her colour scheme of black, white and red and sent it to us.


We loved the picture that she sent us but we can't take credit for the design but we can for recreating it for her.  The bottom tier is our chocolate fudge cake filled with white chocolate mousse and the top tier is our yummy red velvet cake filled with a French Chantilly cream.


The design was created with black royal icing and the addition of black fondant to border the design and a few black sugar pearls giving it a 2 dimensional effect.  The red gum paste rose adds a pop of colour.


We carried the design on the bottom tier to the back as well whereas the top tier had the one design off to the one side.


I think I require some more practice on my piping skills but all in all I think it turned out okay. 

 
The silver intertwining hearts and the silver cake stand were supplied by the bride.
 
I delivered this cake yesterday and wouldn't you know it my cell phone died on the way to the venue. (note to self....always check your cell phone before leaving)  There was a very nice young lady working at the venue who took a picture of the cake once it was set up and sent it to me. Thank you.
 
 
Congratulations Mary & Nick!
We wish you all the best!






No comments:

Post a Comment