February 2, 2015

Christmas 2014

This year past Christmas I didn't do too much in the way of cakes. I decided to do one for our annual Christmas Eve get together with my husband's side of the family and a cake for what has come to be known as "Boxmas" with my side of the family.

I decided to do both cakes vanilla infused with red and green jello.  I used to make the jello infused cakes for my girls when they were little. The Jello not only makes the cake very moist but it also is quite pretty when cut into.  Both cakes are filled with white chocolate mousse.


This little drum cake was made for our Christmas Eve dessert.  All details done in fondant except for the poinsettia and holly are done with edible paper.  It seems to be quite popular these days and I had to try my hand at it. I used white edible paper and added luster dust for the colours.  Little red candies were used as the berries and center of the poinsettia.


For our Boxmas dessert I decided to do a buttercream bubble effect in white with the odd red or green added around the cake.  Again the poinsettia was done in the edible paper only this time I added a few leaves.


And now for the centre reveal.  The infused jello done in red and green;
 

Quite effective and oh so moist!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment