August 17, 2011

65th Birthday Golf Gear

Today was my boss's 65th Birthday. Yes I do have another job other than cakes.  One of my boss John's favourite things is golfing so his daughter Shanan who also works at our company asked if Mel & I could make him a golf themed cake for our office surprise celebration.  I immediately thought of the golf gear cake we had made earlier this year for my nephew's 13th birthday.  Since John's favourite colour is blue we made slight colour adjustments to our last cake.


The golf bag and hat are vanilla cake and the golf bag is filled with chocolate mousse.  All is covered in blue fondant and white fondant detailing. The golf clubs included a driver, an iron, a putter and a covered club all set on skewers.  The towel included his initials "JM" and the flag had birthday wishes.  Golf balls and tees finished it off. John was surprised by our celebration for him and in awe by the cake as were my other co-workers.  John even noticed the stitching detail on the bag, lol.  It's always a great feeling when you get such a great reaction.  Mel & I have done it again.  Another happy birthday boy.






HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHN!  MAY YOU HAVE MANY MORE WONDERFUL BIRTHDAYS!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment