December 15, 2013

Minnie Mouse for Alexa

My God daughter's little girl Alexa is turning 1 on December 22nd. As it is so close to Christmas Alexa's mom Tanya decided to hold her birthday party yesterday, Saturday the 14th of December at The Little Gym.  What little girl does not like Minnie Mouse?  Well Alexa loves Minnie and that's what we gave her.


I got this idea from a Minnie cake that The Cake Boss did, though his was in red, black & yellow, I made a few changes to make it my own. Since Tanya told me that Alexa would be dressed in pink and Minnie is usually in pink that was one of the changes I decided to make.


The top tier is a vanilla cake which I added pink cake balls in the batter to make it a polka dot cake filled with white chocolate mousse. Unfortunately I was not there for the cutting so I don't have a picture of the inside polka dot effect.


The bottom tier designed to look like Minnie's skirt is chocolate fudge cake filled with white chocolate mousse.  All details are done in fondant included the 2 layers of frills peaking out from under Minnie's skirt.


This is a back view of the cake which I also added a bow and ties to the dress.  Both the bow in the back and the bow at the top front are made from gum paste with fondant polka dots. The ears are done in fondant with skewers to support them.


This was a very fun cake to make and I enjoyed making this for our little Alexa who looked adorable in a pink tutu yesterday.



Happy 1st Birthday Alexa!



No comments:

Post a Comment