October 13, 2015

September wedding

I was asked to make a wedding cake for a wedding on the 19th of September 2015.  Ali, the bride, came to me through a friend for which I have made cakes for celebrations that Ali attended. I was thrilled that Ali trusted me with her special day.  Ali's September wedding was in pastels and lace which gave for a romantic setting.


This picture was taken at the venue where I did the final assembly of adding the top tier. The bottom tier is Chocolate Stout (Guinness) filled with white chocolate mousse and the top 2 tiers are pumpkin apple spice cake filled with caramel cream cheese.


prior to final assembly
 

The flowers are all done in gum paste and dusted in soft pastel edible dusts.  The lace was done with Cake Lace a product which I am in love with.  You get beautiful edible lace that is easy to work with and gives such a nice touch to any cake.

 
 


Wishes for a wonderful new life together!




No comments:

Post a Comment