September 8, 2010

Blogging is new to me

Hi, Mary here.  Okay my daughter set us up on this blog and really I have no idea of what I am doing but here it goes.  I have 2 daughters and 1 of which is Mel the other part of MaryMel Cakes. I loved baking with my girls when they were little and when Mel was diagnosed with a severe nut allergy I started making all their birthday cakes, cupcakes, cookies etc since it was far easier than trying to find out what exactly was in everything. Way back when there wasn't as much info on purchased foods as there is today.  While my eldest loves baking but is into the much healthier type of baked goods Mel and I decided to start expanding our love of baking and decorating and started taking courses. We soon found out all the do's and don'ts of decorating with a wonderful teacher and the passion we share in taking part in someone's special celebration even if it's just a small part that in providing them with that special cake it will put an extra wide smile on their face. Ahhh, the sheer joy of seeing that.
So, please join us in this venture. Come visit and see what we've been up to.  Either Mel or myself will be keeping you intrigued with our special cakes for what ever the celebration may be.  We will be posting pictures so you can see our progress as we embark on this wonderful venture of ours. Who knows we may be the next "cake bosses of our town", LOL.  So stay tuned! Ciao for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment