September 30, 2015

A "Frozen" birthday in June

June 18th marks a special day in our lives. Four short years earlier a special little girl was born and has stolen our hearts, my beautiful grand daughter Juliana.  This year Jules asked for her cake to be a "Frozen" theme. I think it's every little girls wish to have a cake with the Frozen theme.


This fun 2 tiered cake captures the feel for the movie, which I might add I have sat through a number of times watching it with Jules and Jacks for that matter.  I must confess I love the movie.......

Jules asked for a chocolate cake but wanted blue, purple and pink to be in the middle, lol, so that's exactly what I did.


The chocolate cake is filled with white chocolate mousse which I tinted to the colours Jules requested.


 
 
The characters were purchased at the Disney store.  This was also the 2nd time I attempted to use Cake Lace which I used to make some of the snow flakes.
 


All other snow flakes are made from gum paste and other design elements are fondant.


And here is our little princess herself, Juliana! Happy birthday my sweetness......I love you to the moon and back.........



 


No comments:

Post a Comment